2 Days White Water Rafting In Jinja
White water rafting in Jinja, Uganda is a popular activity for adventure seekers. Jinja is located near the source of the Nile River and is considered one of the best spots for white water rafting in the world. The 2 day trip typically includes a full day of rafting on the rapids with experienced guides, camping near the river, and a chance to explore the surrounding area. The trip can be customized to suit different skill levels and interests. Make sure to bring sunblock, a change of clothes, and waterproof gear for the rafting.
In addition to white water rafting, Jinja offers several other adventure activities that can be included in an adventure tour:
- Bungee jumping: Jinja is the home of the first commercial bungee jump in Africa, offering an opportunity to jump off the Nile High Bridge. This adrenaline activity awards a pumping experience whereby you plunge yourself 43 meters down into an open space before partly immersing yourself into the Nile water at the Nile High Bungee.
- Quad biking: Explore the scenic countryside and rural communities surrounding Jinja on a quad bike. A free training session is conducted before each safari and trips are tailored to suit the riders’ ability. Straight away sliding across the puddles and potholes in mud makes quad biking much more fun.
- Horse riding: Take a leisurely horseback ride through the lush countryside and see the local wildlife up close. More so, the surrounding landscape and the local communities obviously make horse riding such a fun and adventurous experience.
- Kayaking: Paddle down the Nile River and enjoy the serenity of the water while taking in the scenic views. Kayaking on River Nile offers a great experience on the river up close. The weather is always right foe Kayakers to explore the Nile, the beautiful surroundings and exotic birds.
- Zip lining: Zip lining is an adventure sport where a person is suspended from a cable attached to a pulley and travels from one end to another, often through a forest canopy or over scenic landscapes. It offers a unique perspective of the surroundings and can be a thrilling experience. Zip through the lush jungle canopy and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
- Stand-up paddle boarding: This activity is a best suit for nature and adventure enthusiasts. Paddle boarding on the Nile provides a unique and intimate connection with the river and its surroundings. You can explore the river’s vast and diverse habitats and observe the various species of birds, fish and other animals that call the Nile home. Stand on a board and paddle down the Nile River, taking in the stunning scenery and spotting wildlife along the way.
- River surfing: River surfing on the Nile is not a common or popular activity due to various reasons such as safety concerns, limited infrastructure and lack of suitable surf spots. Surf the Nile’s rapids on a specially designed board, a unique and thrilling experience.
- Hiking: Explore the stunning surroundings of Jinja on a guided hike, including visiting local waterfalls and natural hot springs.
These activities can be customized to suit different skill levels and interests, so you can choose the adventures that best suit you.
Day 1: pick up and transfer to Jinja for white water rafting
On day 1, you will transfer from Kampala to Jinja City, a city located in southeastern Uganda known for its adventure sports, including white water rafting on the Nile River. Whitewater rafting in Jinja is a popular activity, offering an adrenaline rush and a chance to explore the beauty of the Nile River and its rapids. It is usually done in groups with a guide and can range from mild to challenging, depending on the season and the level of experience of the rafters. You will start your journey straightaway driving through the Mabira tropical forest. Which is a natural forest with a variety of primates and birds. Firstly, you will drive to Jinja with a stopover at Owen Fall Dam where the Uganda’s hydroelectric power generated. You will head to Nile Ripon falls and have a chance to view the rapid falls of the world’s longest river, river Nile. Afterwards you continue to Bujagali falls where you will spend some time there watching the beautiful sceneries and divers as they swim through those rapids. You will finally have lunch and then in the afternoon you will go for rafting which is surely one of the most exciting activities done on the source of the Nile.
Location: Jinja Uganda
|Luxury||Wild Water Lodge Jinja or similar|
|Mid-Range||Heaven Lodge Jinja or similar|
Meals Plan: Breakfast and Lunch as well as Dinner
Drinking Water and Fruits Throughout the journey
Day 2: Boat cruise to the source of the Nile and other adventure activities.
After the launch trip on the Nile and a visit to the source, you will cross the Nile and pay a visit to Mahatma Ma Gandhi’s monument. After your Nile exploration you will return to the lodge to relax and freshen up. After lunch, you will start the journey back to Kampala, ending the 2-day white water rafting and Nile launch tour. This tour offers a unique combination of adventure and scenic exploration, giving you a glimpse into the beauty of the Nile River and the lush tropical surroundings.
Accommodation Option: No (End of tour)
Meals Plan: Breakfast, Lunch
Drinking Water and Fruits Throughout the journey
Tour Includes on Whitewater Rafting in Jinja:
- Airport transfers
- 4×4 transport with English speaking local guide/driver for all road transport
- Accommodation and all meals above
- Drinking water in the vehicle
- Mentioned activities
- International visas
- Accommodation facilities while in Kampala
- All expenses of personal nature such as tips and drinks
- Yellow fever certificate
- malaria prophylactics
- COVID19 certificate
- Officials have a right to refuse entry if you are found to have or show any signs of communicable diseases
- Nationalities require a visa to enter Uganda which can be obtained on arrival at USD 50 per person, single entry. Passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months
- It is imperative that you confirm your onward /return flights. If you need assistance you can please contact our offices.
END OF THE TOUR
We believe in value for money. Every guest would like to have the most reliable and comfortable vehicles on safari. In response to the clients’ needs, we have a very strict vehicle replacement policy that ensures a young fleet at all times. We have a total fleet of 225 well-maintained motor vehicles, predominantly 4-wheel drives. This does away with the problem of sub-contracting vehicles and driver-guides, which may compromise the quality of services. Our safari vehicles are specifically converted for maximum space and comfort. All of them have hatched roof and sliding windows to facilitate good viewing and convenient photography during game drives and sight seeing.